Friday, 24 June 2011

Alien God stage 2 and Dave McKean



First off and update on the previous painting. It's really starting work for me now. It's got beyond that "what the hell am I doing stage" and now coming to that stage that's like when you get near the end of a jigsaw puzzle and every piece seems to fit pretty easy.

I was lucky enough to be invited along to the Birmingham Institute of Art and Design's Visual Communication awards for 2011. This year was headlined by the attendance of Dave Mckean which was fantastic to see such a renowned illustrator being associated with my old Uni in such a fashion.

Considering he admitted to not being a big public speaker he did in fact deliver a great key note talk about his career and I even managed to get a quick chat in person later on which was very cool although I'm afraid I may have come across a little fan-boyish.

Final image should be done soon and as Dave said "Start things and finish them".

Now I'm going to watch the Tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment